ANCHOR - The captain assistant for navigation and routing during operations in harbour system
The aim of the ANCHOR project is to deliver the Captain Assistant for Navigation and Routing during Operations in Harbor system for large ships incoming to and outgoing from the harbors.
The system consist of three parts: ship subsystem, harbor infrastructure subsystem and communication subsystem. The main objectives is to increase the safety of ships movement in harbors and to control the environment (weather and water) in the Baltic area close to the harbour.
• integration and implementation of innovative navigation solutions that uses GNSS and INS,
• software for the visualization of the ship localization and docking path,
• the path and docking time prediction related to the ship parameters,
• communication and data transfer,
• information about meteorology and hydrology from internet servers and network of sensors.
The system idea is inspired by potential end-users ( the idea was created during the meetings with the Ship Pilots, the ship Captains and the harbor operators). The ANCHOR system will fulfil the first of all the theme 5.3 of the Bonus call in the area of development of new information and communication technology-based tools and services responding to the marine and maritime information needs.
The ANCHOR consortium consists of:
Astri Polska Sp. z o. o., Poland (coordinating partner)
Akademia Marynarki Wojennej, Poland
Automotive & Rail Innovation Center Aachen, Germany
RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Univesite Montpellier 2, Sciences et Techniques, France
ANCHOR is coordinated by Karol Brzostowski.