STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT AWARDSBONUS stakeholder engagement award competition is open and celebrates the best stakeholder engagement activity or product developed by BONUS projects.
The winning entry facilitates successfully knowledge transfer from the BONUS project to end-user and stakeholder audiences.
Based on different experience and interaction with BONUS projects, the end-users and stakeholders are strongly encouraged to suggest BONUS projects in their view worthy entries for the competition!
Nominations are welcome by all BONUS projects during the implementation phase in the following categories:1) Viable ecosystem projects: BAMBI, BIO-C3, BLUEPRINT, CHANGE, COCOA, INSPIRE, SOILS2SEA
2) Innovation projects: AFISMON, ANCHOR, ESABALT, FERRYSCOPE, FISHVIEW, GEOILWATCH, HARDCORE, MICROALGAE, OPTITREAT, PROMISE, PINBAL, SWERA, ZEB
3) Sustainable ecosystem services projects: BALTCOAST, BALTICAPP, BALTSPACE, GO4BALTIC, GOHERR, MIRACLE, SHEBA, STORMWINDS
4) Blue Baltic (projects to be announced in spring 2017)
- The closing date for nominations in each category opened will be announced at a very minumum of 30 days prior to closing date; for Vaible Ecosystem in 2018, Sustainable ecosystem services in 2019 and Blue Baltic in 2020
- The evaluation of the entries will be carried out by an evaluation panel representing the BONUS Steering Committee, the BONUS Advisory Board and the BONUS Secretariat
- The use of the award up to EUR 5 000 is in discretion of the project team of the winning entry
- The award ceremony will take place at the BONUS projects' conferences
Nominations for the BONUS call 2012: Innovation projects' best stakeholder engagement achievement should be submitted by 20 April 2017Besides the projects themselves, anyone being impacted by one of these projects’ stakeholder engagement actions, products or events can nominate these projects’ achievement(s) to receive the BONUS award worth EUR 5 000 to be used freely as the winning project team chooses. All nominations must be made by the end of Thursday, 20 April 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The announcement of the winner(s) will be made in the evening of 3 May 2017 during the BONUS 10 year jubilee celebration in Helsinki, Finland.
The first public engagement award winner was announced at the BONUS Forum 2011 in Gdansk, PolandThe winner was GEODOME – A visualisation platform used for dissemination of scientific results from the BONUS+ ECOSUPPORT project in an easy-to-understand presentation format that informed of scientific understanding of environmental and climate-change problems. The Geodome theatre is fully enclosed, inflatable and about 20 adults can take place inside, preferably lying down on pillows on the floor (see picture).
This visualisation has been tested and shown to date to a vast number of different audiences including policy makers, politicians, researchers, university students, and the general public.